Sunday, December 17, 2006

Oh no. I've started shopping...

I ran to the mall today to pick up a few gifts. I've pretty much finished shopping, but I still have a few people left. I truly abhor shopping for all its materialistic, Western culture vices. And then I entered the Sigrid Olsen store and fell in love. The staff were funny and so helpful. I absolutely hate the way I look. When they suggested I try on pants, I confessed that I have pantphobia. I ended up buying a sweater that was marked down from $200. I fell in love with a jacket that I know I will go back and buy after the holidays. This is not me. I am usually not this fashionista type who cares about clothes and shoes. However, a few weeks ago when one of my classes divulged that they're keeping a record of what I wear, and asked just how many turtle neck sweaters I actually own, I went home and cried.

But hey - my turtle neck sweaters are from Talbots, Harolds and J. Jill. At least I am buying them with class, right? I may be conservative, but I look "put together." I definitely need to be a project for the upcoming "Project Runway" season.

5 Comments:

Blogger Domestic Zen said...

oh, heck - I am still all jeans and black turtle necks! (wasn't that the art student uniform)

and you can hang out with me FOREVER!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Creole Wisdom said...

Well you know, pantfobia is a national problem. Pants are so scary, so intimidating! LOL!

I'm sorry you cried ((hugs)), that is no fun.

But I like turtleneck tops, I bet you look super great and CLASSY in them!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Woodchuck said...

Look at it this way, at least the class is looking at what you are doing in class and the must listen too you as well if they care enough to keep track of what you wear.

"Pantfobia" very funny, that's me when I try on anything other than Levi's.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Kelsgarden said...

I think the next time that you are wearing a sweater over the turle neck you should just look at them and say "actually, it's a 'dickie' . . . "

I understand they are back in style now ;)

I am wearing a turtle neck in honor of you today sweetie!

10:21 AM  
Blogger volvomom said...

OMG...I can't stop laughing. If I said "dickie" in class that would go down as a legend. It would be the new high school buzz word...

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home