Saturday, December 23, 2006

And you?

Right now I'm listening to a CD of Arabic/Moroccan music that one of my French I students gave me. It's just completely awesome. I'm trying to wrap gifts, when in reality I need to be working on a mammoth scrapbook album that has to be finished for Christmas for tomorrow. Yes, by tomorrow. Hence why I am consuming Diet Coke.

I had the best teaching moment yesterday. To see teenagers choosing to try authenitc Moroccan couscous over sweet treats and exclaim, "Man! Dude! This stuff IS pretty good!" made me feel a-ok. Perhaps the world will someday be a bit OK. The best part is I got to take the extra couscous home. How wonderful. The student's grandmother is here for a stay, and she made the couscous herself. This stuff was incredible. I usually don't like to blog about class, but this was just one of those teaching days that one will remember and retell again and again and again.

Happy holidays, everyone!

3 Comments:

Blogger SuburbanMom said...

Wait, are you bulbs not sprouting? or are they not blooming? Not blooming I wouldn't worry about. They shouldn't be in direct sun anyway, I don't think. Mine aren't blooming either - but our house is so cold I'm worrying about them -- they're getting so tall! I don't think they are rotting - they're not sitting in the water, right? can you see the roots?

12:58 PM  
Blogger Woodchuck said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Kelsgarden said...

hey sweetie! love that you shared the teaching moment!

you have got to check out Putmayo for music I have a fabulous Arabic Groove CD - it is one of Ramey's favorites, and if you can please a 13 yr old you know it's hot ;)

(hope the kidlet is feeling groovey in the morning too)

PS - if I remember correctly you haven't had your bulbs in long enough to bloom yet, but if they are getting tall then they need more light (or you will be staking) - think epiphany for blooms

Merry Merry! luvs ya!

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home